There is alot going on this weekend at St. Edmunds. Check it out!
1) St. Edmund grade school will host a booth at the Oak Park Farmers' Market this Saturday. Homemade baked goods will be on sale! Buy a few goodies and help support the school!
2) After you visit the Farmers' Market, stop by Murphy Hall from 10am- 12noon to help sort and pack food for Harvest Saturday. If you cannot help, drop off some non-perishable food and household items. Donations are going to the Oak Park River Forest Food Pantry.
3) The donating does not stop here! It is also Bundle Weekend! There will be a trailer in the parking lot behind St. Edmund. Please drop off gently used clothes, bedding and towels at the trailer on Saturday, October 23rd and Sunday, October 24th. The donations benefit St. Vincent de Paul.
1) In honor of Pro-Life month, St. Edmund welcomes Dan McConchie, Vice President of Government Affairs at Americans United for Life. He will present "The Current Battle over Stem Cell Research" on Tuesday, October 26th at 7:30pm in Murphy Hall. Please join us to hear more about this timely and important topic.
2) Tis (almost) the season! The annual St. Edmund Giving Tree will be displayed in the church the weekends of November 27th & 28th and December 4th & 5th. Gifts should be returned the weekend of December 11th & 12th. The Giving Tree will benefit PADS, St. Simeon (our Sharing Parish) and the San Jose Obrero Mission.